Duration: 3 Days
Join this 3-day trip with full focus on wildlife in the territory of wolfs, moose, beavers, roe deers, red fox, red squirrel and birds. Enjoy canoeing, beaver and moose tracking.
- Watch and photograph animals the wild
- Track animals and look after signs in the nature
- Try canoeing in a silent lake, go for a hike, collect berries and mushrooms.
- Chop fire wood and cook lunch by a fire camp
- Stay three nights in a comfortable guesthouse overlooking Mjøsa, Norway´s largest lake.
- Learn more about Norway’s wildlife and nature by our skilled guides
- Local guide and small groups (max 8 persons) for a more genuine experience
On our excursion you will get to spend a lot of time out in nature. During daytime we go for interesting hikes and we we try some canoeing.
In 1923 one of the very first conservation of forests in Norway happened where we will bring you. They conserved 3 acres with ancient spruce forest, and some trees were about 200 years old, which is old for a spruce. Several of the giant grains have now fallen, but we still find trees over 100 cm in diameter here.
Also, the longest pilgrim route in Norway, and the main road to Nidaros, todays Trondheim, during the Middle Ages pass through this forest region.
You will stay in a comfortable guesthouse with a veranda with a beautiful view over Mjøsa.
Who join these tours?
Anyone is welcome join our trip. Maybe you have an interest of nature and wildlife and enjoy spending the day out in nature and to search for wildlife and birds.
Couples, families with grown up children and solo travelers are all welcome.
Day 1 Arrival at guesthouse and welcome dinner
We can arrange the 30 minutes transfer from Oslo Airport to Mjøsli Lodge. If you travel by car you can drive directly to the guesthouse and meet us there. Meet our guide Raymond.
Welcome dinner at the lodge. Enjoy the fresh air and views of the lake.